2018 CONFUCIUS INSTITUTE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR YUNNAN UNIVERSITY
I.Qualification of candidate1.Non-Chinese citizens.
2.Application should be in good physical and mental health, good character and excellent academic performance;
3. Applicants are interested in engaging in Chinese Language Education, teaching and international promotion of Chinese language related work;
4.Application should be 16-35 years of age. Chinese language teacher in post can be up to 45years of age, applicants for BTCSOL scholarship should be generally no more than 25 years of age.
II.Scholarship Categories and Application Conditions
III. Scholarship coverage
1.Confucius institute scholarship includes: tuition, accommodation fees, living allowance (except four weeks scholarship students) and comprehensive insurance for foreign students studying in china. Living allowance standard is as follows:
a.CNY2, 500 for Bachelor's Degree Students, One -Academic Year students and One-Semester Students.
b.CNY3, 000 for Master's Degree Students.
2.Yunnan University provide free dormitory for the students. Students who choose to live off-campus would be given accommodation fee of 700yuan /month/person monthly or quarterly after approval.
3.MTCSOL one-academic-year students, one-semester students must attend a Chinese proficiency test (HSK) and a Chinese speaking test (HSKK)before graduation, the school will get the reimbursement of examination fee from scholarship students training funds
4.Scholarship students are required to register at the school in time, otherwise they will be disqualified.
5.The students who are enrolled on the 15th day of the month (including the 15th day) will receive the full monthly living expenses or can only get a half. Living expenses of the graduates shall be distributed to the school for half a month after the date of graduation.
6. Scholarship students who leave China more than 15 days for personal reasons would have no living allowance during the departure period. living allowance would be unpaid to the students who quit or drop out of school because of personal reasons or serious disciplinary violations.
IV.The Application Process
Applicants can register online at the Confucius in statute scholarship website ( out the “Confucius Institute Scholarship Application Form,”and attach electronic scanned copies of the supporting documents,
2.contact and select the recommending institutions
Applicants can visit the Confucius institute scholarship website to inquire about and select the recommending institutions
3. Recommending institutions review and recommend qualified students to study at Yunnan University. Yunnan University examines the admission qualifications of applicants and conducts merit-based pre-admission.
4. Hanban will conduct an overall assessment of all applications and admit applicants on the basis of competitive selection. Normally, the admission results will be announced 2 months before the school begins.
5. After confirming the intention of studying abroad, our school will post the Admission Notice and JW202 Form and other materials for admission.
6. Students can print the scholarship certificate online and come to Yunnan University to register on time.
7. According to the <Confucius scholarship Annual Evaluation Method>, Degree student should be assessed at the end of first term.
Recommending institutions need apply complete and correct name、nationality and permanent address of the applicant. If the following documents are not in Chinese or English version, notarization documents should be provided
1) scanned copy of passport photo page. Applicants under the age of 18 shall submit proof of entrustment signed by a guardian in China.
2)Scanned copy of your HSK, HSKK result report (valid for two years).
3)Recommendation letter signed by the head of the recommending institutions.
4)Notarized the highest diploma certificate (scheduled graduation proof) and school transcript.
5)The MTCSOL Scholarship applicants are required to submit two reference letters from professors or associate professors(in Chinese or English).Applicants who can provide the work agreement after graduation from teaching institutions are preferred.
Office of International Programs, School of International Education, Yunnan University: Room 323, Nanxue Building, Donglu Campus of Yunnan University, No.2 North Cuihu Road, Kunming, Yunnan, China.
Zip code: 650091.